Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Shymkent- here we come!



Day 2... We were picked up at 5:30 in the morning and taken to the airport for our flight to our region. It was 1 hour and 10 minutes on Air Astana. They actually fed us the best meal that we’ve had on an airplane in that short time. J The interesting thing about the flight is that when they announced that we were preparing to land, I looked out the window and all I saw was desert… seriously! Mountains and mountains of sand! For a brief moment… well… you can imagine what was going through my mind. Anyway, Shymkent is surrounded by desert, but not as bad as I was envisioning. It’s actually a fairly good size and there is a Mega Mall a few blocks away from us (we’ve already visited… ). We are currently in a hotel room, but will be visiting an apartment tomorrow to see about moving. It would be nice to have a little more room and internet available (thus the long period without posting… sorry about that), but we are very much enjoying the air conditioning here. We’ll see what happens. That’s it for now… we’ll update more later…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. The view is really cool. Did you find an apartment? I really can't imagine what you guys are going through, but know that I'm praying... and I know I'm not the only one. :) Even though you didn't have the update I would love to see, it was really good to see a little bit of your trip. Love and miss you.
Leigh